Scripta Materialia is a LETTERS journal of Acta Materialia, providing a forum for the rapid publication of short communications on the relationship between the structure and the properties of inorganic materials. The emphasis is on originality rather than incremental research. Short reports on the development of materials with novel or substantially improved properties are also welcomed. Emphasis is on either the functional or mechanical behavior of metals, ceramics and semiconductors at all length scales.
The following aspects are of particular interest:
- Discovery or development of new materials with novel functional or mechanical properties of potential engineering interests
- Characterization of the structure and chemistry of materials for understanding the properties
- Cutting-edge experiments and theory for understanding structure-property relationships
- Novelty in simulation and modeling in the context of understanding properties, preferably combined with experimental verification
- Elucidation of the mechanisms involved in the synthesis and processing of materials as a route to the elucidation of properties
In addition, Scripta Materialia publishes comments on papers published in Acta Materialia and Scripta Materialia. The journal also publishes Viewpoint Sets, which are a collection of invited short articles focused on topics of current interest within the scope of the journal and coordinated by invited guest editors.
Submissions to Scripta Materialia should be made:
Scripta Materialia: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/scripta-materialia/
If you require any further information or help, please visit our support pages at http://support.elsevier.com.